Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Most Beautiful Girl in the World


My brother and his lovely wife gave me a niece today.

The new family:



AB was born September 28, 2008 in the afternoon. She is 7 lbs, 6 ounces, and 21.75 inches long. She was born by cesarean section after a loooong labor by one tough mama (and her tough birth coach.)

I drove like a crazy woman, leaving here Saturday night late, and returning home exactly 24 hours and 42 minutes later. I didn't sleep much. But I did get to do this before I left:
So, thanks, to the wonderful friends who kept me company while driving by myself on the lonely highway, even into the wee hours of the night. Thanks to the makers of Dr. Pepper who allowed me to stay awake on the way home. Thanks to the NewsBoys, whose music played at top volume makes my ears ring and the time go by faster. And thanks to my brother and his wife for letting me get to be there for this wonderful occasion. It means alot to me.

And one more picture to make your heart melt before you click to someone else's blog. At least, it made my heart melt:

9 comments:

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

Congrats, Auntie Daesha:)

Kim said...

What a wonderful day for your family!!! So happy to see the beautiful AB...so is a true doll! Can't wait to see more pics. Congrats Aunt Daesha! :)

Marcey H said...

CONGRATS and welcome the greatest job in the world, being an aunt. I know you will love and enjoy her as much as I have enjoyed Ansley. If you need any advice on what to teach her to drive your brother nuts, let me know. Love you!!!

Bill and Tonya said...

Congratulations Aunt Daesha. What a beautiful little girl. So glad that Bart & Natalie are doing well. She was born on my brother's birthday and nearly a birthday gift for my son as well (wink).
Love,
MamaT

Heather's House said...

She is just precious! You are such a sweet aunt! I can't wait to see more pretty pics. And, BTW, you look pretty natural holding that baby! :)

Momma said...

Congratulations Auntie! She is beautiful.

M

BriteCloud said...

Congratulations! Being an Aunt is a wonderful, fun thing.

She is a cutie!

Life in the Herman House said...

wow! She is beautiful!!

Katherine said...

Congratulations, Aunt Daesha!! Isn't it great?! All of my nieces and nephews are grown now (I first became an aunt at age 9!!)-and it is fun doing stuff with them, but nothing like when they are young and adorable. She is precious-spoil her rotten!! ;)