Friday, September 12, 2008

Update on weather




At 5:20, 50 MPH winds started buffeting my house. So we completed the boarding up procedure, namely, sealing the back door and scouting the neighbors houses for stray litter they thought was harmless but I'm not so sure.



I am apprently a yard nazi, spying litter I fear may fly and harm my house and others. Today, I have stashed a for sale sign, front door mats (4), yard signs (2), hanging plant, sprinkler head, hose, and a potted plant. In other people's yards. So, no leaving junk for me to clean up. But if you're in too big a hurry when you leave, rest assured the Hurricane Fairy will finish cleaning your yard, and will stash your stuff nearby for you to find when you get back.


I made Hannah go potty one last time for a while. The only way out now is through the garage. Our mean kitty got out and we had to chase him down. Fortunately, he is about 400 pounds and never turns away a snack. He doesn't move all that quick, either. He was not too hard to wrangle. The small kitty saw the fate of his (much) larger brother and decided that he should obey his benevolent captors and get himself back inside of his own accord. So we have all 5 of us safe and sound in the house.


We will continue to use the good sense God has given us to be careful. We are entertaining many of you who call us and tell us what a bad idea this was of ours. We appreciate your concern. We will certainly get a photo of the wave that washes over our house, the sitting on the roof for evacuation, and, of course, we will take plenty of photos from the helicopter, as requested. I will post those later.


Back to cooking dinner. Thank you for your prayers.

4 comments:

Heather's House said...

Girl...you be safe! Call me with updates! :) It was great to talk to you. What an adventure you guys are having and what a fun scrapbook page! haha!

Love ya!

Katherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine said...

Ok, no-I do not want to see pictures like that!

I continue to pray, for the safety of everyone who stayed-including all of those in Galveston!! Now, they are just crazy.

Thanks for keeping us updated as long as you can! I pray this storm does not cause as much damage as projected, and that you guys remain safe.

Love ya'll!!

Your Other Mom said...

Remember...No Peeking!

Things are "breezier" here, too. Jackie sent us a pic of the first "fatality"--a limb. Fortunately a small one.

We are still praying that this turns out not to be as bad as they predicted. I think it has worked so far.

Betty