Thursday, September 11, 2008

About Ike

We're staying. (insert your exasperated sigh here). There. We're weathering through a category 2-3 in our house and it's going to be fun. Just like camping. With 120 mph winds. And storm shutters. We're going to be fine. Plenty of food, water, and work to do. It's like a vacation. That's camping.

I know our God is bigger than a category anything storm. I know it can dissipate in an instant with just a word from the Big Guy. I am trusting that He will keep us in His hands.

Pray for those who are going and those who are staying. Traffic is already at a stand still down here in the WAY south, and there are more people trying to hit the roads later today. There will be deaths if these people can't get off the roads. And for those who are staying, pray that the storm goes away. Pray that electricity is maintained, and that tornadoes aren't a factor at all down here. Pray for the storm surge, that it is small, that creeks don't flood, and that rain has a place to go. Pray that the hurricane is timed for low tide (not that it matters too much, it's a big storm) so water can run off. Pray for our animals, that they will be okay. And pray for those who are left that there won't be a mob mentality like there was in NO 3 years ago. (We do have guns. And ammunition.)

One final thought. If we're this terrified of a hurricane, even a medium sized one, what should that tell us about what our attitude ought to be toward God. He's bigger than any old storm.

This will be my primary update site, since the phones are spotty at best now. I will keep this going as long as I can.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

You have been on my thoughts the last few days, and I have been wondering if you were going or staying.

I will definitely be praying for you, for all those staying, and for all of the things you have requested.

You're right-God is bigger than all of your storms-literally and figuratively...and we will praise Him in the storms!

Please continue to keep us updated, as you will be lifted in prayer! :)

Marcey H said...

I used to think my best friend had a brain!

Your Other Mom said...

You could have evacuated with Amanda and I and be sitting on a beach is Mississippi!!!

Okay, maybe we won't sit on that beach until tomorrow because it is a bit choppy here today, but I am quite certain not anything like what you will have today/tonight.

Be safe. Don't take chances.

Betty

Daesha said...

I have no intention of taking chances. And later today, I may wish I had used the other judgement, the anxious one yesterday morning. The one that said "WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE!!" But I used alot of hard work and silenced that voice.