Friday, January 23, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I realize it's the middle of the month, for crying out loud. I have thought about these for a while, and wanted to share my thoughts. Based on our (recently) former employment scare, J and I have thought alot about all we've been given by God. All the physical blessings that have "landed in our lap" at just the right time strengthened our faith.

In light of that, our decision (J doesn't like resolutions) this year was to live as Stewards of all God has blessed us with.

Stewardship extends to:

Stewardship of our finances: This is probably the easiest to see. We're going to be smart about how we spend and what we spend our money on. We will remember to use our blessings for others. We pledge to remember to worship God, not things. We will prayerfully decide where our financial resources would best be spent.

Stewardship over our physical bodies: God has given both of us the blessings of physical health. We will make this year one where we care for the physical side of ourselves. We both will be eating healthier. We both have decided to move more, either in formal exercising or informal lifestyle changes. I will be using my free time to plan healthier meals, with plenty of fruits and veggies. I have accepted Ralph's challenge to lose 27 pounds this year, and I hope that my efforts in the kitchen will also help J get a little healthier.

Stewardship over time: This is the most difficult for me. I feel so scattered, so many projects!! My goal this week is to start whittling down some of the half finished projects I have. I am trying to juggle working with being a wife that's present mentally and physicially. (I figured out that I wasn't always a *present* wife while I was working in my previous position). J and I both have the same amount of time as everyone else, and we're trying to use it more for the glory of God and be less wasteful.

I hope that by posting these goals, we are more accountable to each other to keep these. I also hope that people ask us about these from time to time to help keep us accountable that way.

May God bless us this 2009!

2 comments:

Angelina said...

That sounds like a good idea, to be stewards. Good luck with your plans. Eating healthy can be tough. I hope you are having a great 2009 :)

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

Great---an attainable goal that will result with growth in the end! I love it! Way to be practical, and wise:)