Friday, January 30, 2009

Five for Friday

1. I really hate Walmart. I discovered this last week I think. THEN I WENT BACK!! Today. To return $3.87 worth of items. It cost me more than $3.87 in time. But then I would have had to store the stuff. I think it will be a while before I'm back in that consumer un-friendly store again. Hopefully.

2. I have been asked to work every Friday in February by the clinic by my house. Good and Bad. I took off the last Friday because we're having a family wedding, and my in-laws will be at my house. I have gone from a 2 day a week worker to a 3 day a week worker. I think it will interfere with my scrapbooking-cardmaking-nap taking-Sunday-School-lesson-writing-exercising whatever. I really like this job I have. The bosses are wonderful, the commute isn't bad to either clinic, and it's really well organized and well ran. If I have to work three whole days, at least my time is spent doing what I enjoy in offices that I enjoy.

3. It is kind of funny to see J working with mostly women in his new office. "Daesha they talk about each other. Alot." He said this after his first week at work. Um, yes, sweetie. We do that. And it's not all nice. Just stay above the fray. His boss has been out this week, and that hasn't helped the testosterone levels in the office. Hopefully next week will go better. Less talking about each other (and him) and more getting stuff done. It's hard to work with women, sometimes.

4. I posted a dresser on Craigs*List last week. It sold in 30 seconds. I'm serious. Now, if anyone out there would like a nice corner desk with a hutch, I've got one for sale. . .

5. I'm trying to decide what room I could paint a light turquoise. My friend is painting her kitchen a gorgeous color, and I totally want to copy that paint color. I am pretty sure, however, that all major rooms are out. Maybe laundry room? Closet? Linen closet? Pantry? (That might be interesting. . .)

6. (I know it says five, but I just remembered this.) I am starting to check out my chicken recepies for my sister-in-law (and the rest of the Seattle crew) to make sure they're good and I remember how to fix them. SIL is a poletarian - only eats chicken. I think it sounds like she belongs to a certain political party, but it's a food label. Last time she visited, I forgot this and accidentally fixed a (yummy) roast. It did not go unnoticed that she just ate the veggies and went to bed. I will not make that mistake this time. Any good chicken recepies out there that I can try?

4 comments:

Charlton said...

We love King Ranch Chicken in our house...I had it for dinner tonight! Last week I tried a new chicken/rice recipe. It had 2-3 cups of brown rice, chicken (cut up/cubed), a can of rotels and monteray jack cheese on top. Bake for 20-30 minutes. It was really good and I'm assuming sort of healthy.

Bill and Tonya said...

We love King Ranch Chicken too. The Seattle crew is excited about coming, hope we are too much but apprecaite everything you do! Love you, MamaT

Lacie said...

I loved your five...or six...who is really counting!

I HATE wally world too!!! YUCK!

I know... I am a two day worker and I think I would just roll over if I was expected to work another day!!! Hee!

Good to see everything is going good!

Lacie

LuLu said...

Where exactly is your new "office" ? I have been trying to locate you for a couple of months. I used to be a patient from the "other" clinic. Please dont make me go back there !!!! Its so awful since Dr. Watkins and now you have left !