Monday, January 19, 2009

How to Bathe a Cat

We found out that Austin, the orange cat, is allergic to traveling. His tummy doesn't like the car ride. He complains most of the time when he's in his car carrier. We thought it was because he was hot, and we plan on having a battery operated fan installed on his carrier for future car rides.

The crying this time was not the heat.

The cat beat me to the bathroom.

Then he stepped in his *bathroom* mess.

I had left to go to church.

The carpets were generally ok. No major messes left.

The bathroom, not so much.

Ditto for the cat.

*Bathroom messes* left on several different posterior parts of a cat's body don't come off easily. Especially since I didn't try very hard. I had resigned myself. . . .


First, get the water a temperature you like. You will be bathed in it by the time the chore is over.

Second, get every towel you have and put them near you. You will need one for every structure in your bathroom, as well as several for you and a few for the feline.

Third, remove all clothes you don't want ripped to shreds. It's also a good idea to don both puncture proof and waterproof garments. Good luck.







Put plenty of soap on ALL AREAS of the cat's body. If the water is deep enough, it's like soaking the bits.




Rub, rub, rub him dry. Keep rubbing. Austin didn't particularly like this step, but let's face it, he didn't like any of the preceeding steps, either.




He's extra fluffy in this post.


Good news, he's finally talking to me again, and will sit in my lap again. There were a few hours where he steadfastly ignored me, even when I had food.


Next time you see me, ask me about bathing a 75 pound labrador retriever in the kitchen sink. I did that this weekend too.

2 comments:

DramaMama said...

Looks like you had an angry kitty. The boys asked if you had tried to bathe Edgar. Would have been a whole different set of pictures if you had...

Daesha said...

My skin would have been hanging in shreds if I'd been bathing Edgar. And that cat doesn't have claws. THIS one does. I didn't do too badly. And I will NEVER bathe Edgar. We'd have to shave him. :)