Wednesday, January 14, 2009

God has answered prayers, again!

I don't know why we're surprised when God answers prayers. I think, in this case, that I am surprised at how thoroughly God answered prayers, even the ones I didn't know to pray.

I am now gainfully employed again. Whoo-hoo!!

The office I now work for is owned by 3 physicians, all brothers, who are members of the c of C. 2 elders and a deacon, actually. They have good reputation in the medical and the church communities. Of course, I checked them out. They're published authors, and they have another book coming out this summer about the Biblical views on infertility, IVF, when does life begin, etc. Check Dr. Bo out!

The clinic is about 15 miles from my house, which means I appreciate the 3 mile commute I had with my last job. It takes about 30 minutes in AM traffic, but for the most part is not too bad. It takes 15 minutes to get from my house to the highway. . . . I do miss leaving after the traffic has cleared out.

They didn't have a full time position open, so I work part time - 20 hours or so a week. I get paid a little differently than I did my last position, but it still will about even out. Meaning, I didn't take a pay cut to work 30 hours a week fewer. HA! They said eventually they may move me to a full time position, but I would have the option to turn that down and stay part time if I wanted.

J is on board with the whole PT thing, which makes it that much better.

I am trying to get half a day at a clinic closer to home so I can try to keep some of my former patients. We'll see how that goes. That clinic is in flux right now, and I'm not sure anyone is making any staffing changes to that office. I'm not sure I want this closer clinic for the purest reasons, or if it's just to say, "Neener, neener" to my former employers. I think it's the neener reason. But it is closer to my house - about 3 miles again. And I would get to take the back roads. . . but I would not be working with these (wonderful) doctors. Please be praying about that clinic.

I haven't told many about this - it seems like it's too good to be true. I guess next week I will be letting patients know where I am. Some one needs to pinch me!

Please continue to pray for my father-in-law. He has a second interview set up with his dream employer soon, and is really ready to get back to work!

Thank you all for your prayers while we were unemployed. God has been so good to us, and you have all shown us glimpses of God's love while we were hurting. Thank you so much. Please continue to pray for us!

5 comments:

Bill and Tonya said...

I understand that you are missed at from 1 of your previous patients from CCC (check your e-mail). That is great about the part time work.

I need to talk to you and Jeremy about something, I'll call this weekend.
Love,
MamaT

Katherine said...

This is still such great news-I am so excited for you!! Praying that this new place is a blessing and everything else works out, too! :)

I will also be praying for your father-in-law...and let's keep praying that I find my dream job! :)

Blessings~

hifidel said...

Excellent! I am glad all has worked out well for you. Aren't answered prayers a wonderful thing?

- shelly

BriteCloud said...

Daesha, I am so excited for you, but also for me. Why? Because I have been seeing Dr. John for over 10 years at this clinic. I love him! And it's such a bonus that he's a member of the church. I hope you enjoy it there. Of course I wouldn't have a clue what it's like to work for them, but Steve and I love Dr. John.

Can't wait to hear how it goes. We'll probably be seeing you there sometime.

Daesha said...

Brite Cloud, I'd heard that I might see you at my clinic. I can't wait!! I absolutely LOVE the docs. They're really neat guys, both in the clinic and out. Thanks for the continued prayers from everyone. We wouldn't have come this far without ya'll.