Tuesday, June 10, 2008

HBD to ME!!

I check this blog every once in a while and I think, "oh, no one's updated the blog." Duh. It's mine. Who else would update it?

So, this weekend I celebrated my birthday with my wonderful family in Big-D. We were up there for graduation, and it was easy to do lots of celebrating with the family. We did the traditional dinner and a movie for the birthday person - Bennigans and Prince Caspain, respectively for me. (A quick aside, Prince Caspian was very bloodless for all the fighting it had in it. I always forget how savage Narnia can be. More on that later.) We played racketball together, well, girls on a court and guys on a court. Guys can be too, well, guy-ish when it comes to playing sports. I met some of my parent's new friends on Saturday and Sunday. It was wonderful getting to sleep in for a few days and get some projects done.
We also worked on a wonderful idea of mine (if I can say an idea of mine is wonderful). I love family history, and we're losing alot of it all the time. All my grandparents have passed away, and my family has lost alot of that history. So, my mother and I spent untold hours this weekend photographing family treasures. We'll assemble the photos into a book with what family history we know. I plan on printing a book for my mother, my sister-in-law, and myself. We'll be getting these treasures one day, and I love knowing where I come from. So anyway, that will be my next project to get this off the ground.
It was a good weekend, and I have more to post about it, but I am hungry and I have to go to the grocery store before I can eat (I know, I know).

3 comments:

BriteCloud said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you did a lot of nice things.

Heather's House said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! :)

Katherine said...

Thank you for the prayers, friend-and happy belated birthday! :) Blessings~