Friday, May 30, 2008

Holly's problem becomes my problem

This conversation actually happened in my house this week:
DH: (excitedly) Did you see Holly's blog this week?
Me: Mmm. Which one?
DH: The TV one.
Me: (flatly) Oh, that one.
DH: (still bubbling over with excitement) Yes. Whadda think?
Me: About what?
DH: (slightly put out now) The television.
Me: What about the television?
DH: (in awe) Did you see how big it is? How big do you think it is?
Me: No, I didn't pay that much attention. Did you pay attention to Holly's reaction?
DH: No. I didn't. I'll bet she likes it alot, though.
Me: Riiight. Read it again.
DH: (excitedly again) Do you think WE could get something like that?
Me: (just to make him work, now) Something like what?
DH: Television. Huge. In our living room.

And on it goes. The short story is, we are now in search of a television. In our defense, both of our televisions are older than me. And neither are working. Anyway. Holly, thanks. :)

PS: DH also said, at the end of above conversation: Did you see the photo of A cleaning the baseboards? When do you do that?
Me: (about to strangle) Perhaps we should borrow A. She seems to like it.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Sorry my post brought up so many *issues*. ;)

BriteCloud said...

You girls! "I" was the one wanting the big screen tv in our home. But then I love gadgets! The techier, the better. (I'm a closet nerd!)

I'm typing this now with a remote keyboard and mouse on our big screen tv which is linked into our computer.

Sitting on the comfy couch surfing the net, what could be better?! LOL

drbuggs said...

now now now....i think some lines of communcation were crossed in that conversation. DH here. I was only making a comment about what a good blog it was and how it make me chuckle. I was not commenting on how I had TV envy. Although I do hear that soon I will get to go shopping for some electronics for myself. I'm hoping to get into the 21st century BEFORE we start wearing booster packs and take regular trips to the moon.

kelly said...

i love that your hubby reads the blogs!

Lacie said...

Hee Hee! I love reading all the comments...

No big screen at our house- what is a TV?-