Thursday, June 26, 2008

My head has finally stopped spinning. . .

from the news. J lost his job last week. So if you know of any bioinformaticist jobs in H-town, we'd be interested to find out about them.

Our big struggle right now is not money. Thankfully, God has provided me with a steady job, and since people keep getting sick, it's pretty much secure. Our struggle now is with how to pray.

J needs specific working conditions for his job, and I love to ask God specific prayers. Otherwise, how can we be certain there is an answer from God? However, as I was reminded by a wise Christian woman, I don't want to pray myself into a corner. How do you pray specifically without doubting God? How do you pray for what you want but be open to God's movement in my life?

If I do that, I do feel that I am not praying in faith, but rather in doubt. Like "if you can't make J's job in H-town, I guess we can move." Although I'm not saying those words, I feel like they're part of the prayer.

Anyway, I'm not ready to move from this town, from my church, from my friends, and from my work. But we may be asked to do that soon. Please petition God on our behalf for a good job for J where he's happy and productive, wherever that may be. We're waiting on some information from his former boss, and then we'll be able to get his resume out, right into the hands of people who need to hire him.

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts. We appreciate it all.

5 comments:

BriteCloud said...

We are right in the boat with you, Daesha and Jeremy. Steve's last day is July 1st. He and all of the people in his area were laid off. The others had to leave May 1st, Steve got to stay until July 1st. That was a blessing.

I was just talking to Steve the other night about saying specific prayers. So I know what you mean. He wants a job closer to home, without a 1-hour commute, and good insurance, and a job he will enjoy, etc. I like the advice of not praying yourself into a corner. But I do want to be specific, too.

We will keep you in our prayers, and hope for the same. I know that God will answer our requests.

Daesha said...

Thanks, for praying for us, and we will add you to our prayer list. What Satan intended for bad, God is DEFINATELY using for good!!

Heather's House said...

Oh Daesha...I'm so sorry. I will be praying for you and J.

Love ya girl!

Katherine said...

I will definitely be praying for you guys. I know exactly what it is like to be in the waiting game, and not knowing exactly what to pray-knowing what you want but also wanting to do God's will.

I pray that God will guide you to the right place and decision that will be best for everyone involved.

Love you! Blessings~

Holly said...

I did not realize all of this was going on! You and J. will be in my prayers too.