Thursday, May 15, 2008

SPT Thursday

I have been blocked from this post for two days, so I am doing SPT Thursday. Apparently I look like spam. Funny, I've not been feeling blue or meaty looking, but maybe. . . . .


So, for this SPT, the theme was Something New. Self, I thought, What new thing brings us joy? I thought about shoes, some cute brown shoes I recently invested in. But no, That's not really joyful. That's just comfortable feet. Which I guess indirectly brings me joy. WAIT!! I have a wonderful thing that brings me joy, and is generally considered new. So here it is!!


Before you start screaming and jumping, this IS NOT a photo of my kiddo, this IS a photo of my NIECE. She belongs to these fine folks:

This is my brother and his wonderful wife, at her recent college graduation! We lovingly call them Bartalie - it's their rockstar name. They found out recently that their little bun-in-the-oven is a she-bun, and we are all excited and shopping for lacy, frilly, pink-y clothes and doo-dahs.

So this, folks, is what new thing brings me joy. A new little family member who is being welcomed with such joy and promise, excitement and love. We are looking forward to her big arrival later this year, and can't wait to start spoiling her. So, hereafter, when you see Grasshopper, that's the affectionate name for my little niece. I'm gonna be an aunt!!

6 comments:

Katherine said...

That is way exciting-congratulations Auntie!! ;) It is so much fun!!

I really thought at first you were about to reveal something! lol

Life in the Herman House said...

Girl i seriously almost had a heart attack! I thought you were totally pregnant and didn't tell me!!

Yay for Bart! I am so proud of his baby picture, it is precious!!

I love you and miss you girl! LOVE your blog!!!

Family Fun and Faith said...

I felt the rust of excitement too!

BriteCloud said...

Too late! I was already screaming for joy, then I saw that it wasn't your baby. Congrats on becoming an Aunt, though.

I'll be checking your blog often. Welcome back!

Rhonda

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

Daesha,
I was so excited to see your name! Hope all is well with you. I'd love to catch up!
Kisti (Cadwell)

Your Other Mom said...

Oh WOW!!! I hadn't heard the "niece" news. WooHoo! Let the shopping begin, because we all know little girls are much more fun to shop for than little boys.