Friday, March 6, 2009

Wedding Food

Some of you have asked how our poletarian did while she was here. She did well, I think. There was a constant stream of all things chicken while she was here. Some of you have asked what I fixed. Well, I'll tell you.

Every day for lunch, chicken salad. My brother-in-law didn't know chicken came in cans. My mother-in-law didn't know grapes could go in chicken salad. Happily, they were both pleasantly surprised. My good friend OM said the secret to her chicken salad was celery salt. I used it liberally in my salad. I think she's right.

We had feta cheese chicken Thursday night. Yummy!

We had lasagna Friday night. There was vegetarian lasagna for the resident poletarian. I had the real deal. I fixed what my friend Hope calls Hostess Roulette for dessert. An untried recipe for a group. Here's what I fixed:











It's called Blueberry Sour Cream Cake. Here's how it went over:








I'd call it a keeper.

When I was in Lubbock a few weeks ago, Megan introduced me to GrillMates for chicken. It's easy, and it's grillable, which means less heat in the kitchen. Sounds good to me. We had the GrillMates Herb and White Wine Vinegar (or something like that) for dinner Saturday night. It was yummy, with only half a chicken breast left. Thanks, Meg, for making me look good! We did have left over wedding cake and blueberry cake for dessert.

We never did get to the strawberry shortcake I had made. Guess J and I will have to take care of that on our own. I think we'll manage!

Thanks to those who sent or gave me recipes for chicken. I really really appreciate it! I do think it's time for some beef now, though. Maybe pork. Anything but chicken.

1 comment:

Bill and Tonya said...

Yeh thanks, I still have to eat chicken with her. But we have had shrimp and other seafood this week too.

But seriously, thank you to you and J for all that you did for us last weekend. I enjoyed being at your home and getting to spend good quality time with both of you. I love you both very much and appreciate you both more that you know.

Love,

Your FIL