Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

Of course, Thanksgiving is a day when we all are given the opportunity to count our blessings. And our family is so blessed. We have the opportunity to talk to God whenever we need it, and we're going to heaven. The rest is just gravy. And there is ALOT of gravy to be thankful for.

I want to challenge you all to think of the verse from 2 Corinthians - Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! Spend a minute every day listing 3 for 4 things you are thankful for, from the little things to the big things. Do this for the rest of the year, and see what God brings to your brain, what blessings He reminds you of, what blessings you are more aware of.

We are in a holding cell right now. That's all this world is. With all its gravy, it's still just a holding cell. We're waiting for the next step. Faithfully waiting. Patiently waiting. Sometimes comfortably waiting. Counting our blessings helps me realize that the blessings aren't from some magic coincidence, the blessings are from God. And I shouldn't be comfortable here. This isn't my home. It's just a cell.

Hope your Thanksgiving found you with friends or family, love and laughter. We pray that this year will give you all lots of blessings to be thankful for.

3 comments:

Amy said...

It is SO just a holding cell. We can hang all the posters we want, it will only ever be a holding cell. Isn't it so freeing to know that?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Daesha said...

Your comment about that really struck a chord with me. That's why I stole it. Thanks for letting me pass it off as my own! I don't have original thoughts, I just recycle the good ones others have!

Amy said...

Feel free to claim it. It's a good truth to spread.
:)