Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Free At Last!

So what does one do on the first day of "freedom" (also called unemployment)?

About 16 loads of laundry. Where did all these clothes come from?

Study. Alot. But I'm passing my practice tests. Less than 2 weeks to go until I take my boards again. I'm starting with the heartburn already.

Sleep in. But not alot. My brain woke me up with all that I have to do today.

Apply for a job. In northwest Houston. I don't think it's going to work out. For several reasons.

Call my old job. Twice. But it was mostly to see how things were going with my former co-workers. And gloat. Nicely. Yesterday was rocky for them. I feel bad for them. Not bad enough to come back, though.

Make sure my unemployment claim was processed and going through. The important things, right?

Realized I was low on my facial regimen. Panicked, and ran to CVS, where I purchased the "magic" facial serum that helps my skin be calmer. And paid about $437 an ounce for that stuff. I didn't remember it being that expensive. But worth it.

I leave tonight for WDW, and I will spend today packing and getting everything ready (read: making sure my husband has food to eat) for me to go.

J has an interview this AM, and we found out another one is being scheduled for December 2. Please be praying for these, and for God's direction in this matter.

God is still working in our lives and it's amazing to see Him work. Thank you for encouraging us and continuing your prayers on our behalf.

No comments: