Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thoughts over the last month

I will do an updated blog with photos, I promise. I don't have my camera at work, today, so all there is to post about is my random thoughts over the month. There's nothing deep, I promise.

1. No matter how much (or little) you are carrying around, a bra is *not* an appropriate place for a cell phone.

2. At the Rocket's game this weekend, I saw alot of girls in really tight jeans. Hmmm. I'm working on getting my jeans to NOT fit like that. I'm just sayin'. Maybe I CAN eat the ice cream after dinner, after all. It seems to be the style...

3. I learned something about a dear friend of mine at the Rockets game this weekend. She is such an encourager. At the point in the game when the Rockets were up more than 30 points, she started cheering for the LA Clippers. She is not a Clippers fan, she just wanted them to not feel so discouraged. I'm not sure anyone heard on the court her, because we were wwwaaaayyyy in the nosebleed seats, but it was cute to hear her cheer anyway.

4. At the Rockets game (seems like I learned alot from them), when the announcer called the baskets by the Clippers, he sounded like Eeyore. It was a hoot, and I laughed through the entire two hours whenever the Clippers scored (It was not very often, unfortunately.)

5. If you ask a parking attendant where to eat, you will get pointed to three bars. No restaurants, just bars.

An update: my employers wife has been officially diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, with distant metastases. She will start in a chemotherapy trial as soon as her radiation is over. Please keep her in your prayers.

We leave for Abilene in the morning. Please keep this little group in your prayers. The kids have studied hard and are very excited.

2 comments:

Charlton said...

I love all of your deep thoughts! My favorites are 1 and 2 the most!

Lacie said...

I am sooo with you on the tight jeans! I can't stand to be uncomfortable- those have to be horrible to sit in!

Like Charlton, your deep thoughts always crack me up!

I hope yall did well at Bible Bowl!