Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Weight Watchers, the bootlegged version

Weight Watchers, Week 1

Well, we decided to do it. Take the plunge. We're both ready to really watch what we eat and get rid of this extra poundage. We're just not ready to pay WW to do it with us.

Sooo, we got some help on line (you really can find ANYTHING on Ebay) and planned a menu. We were ready to jump into this WW thing full force. Except actually attend WW meetings.

So, by day 4, I had lost 3 pounds by conscienciously counting points. Wow. Not so hard to do. Then the weekend came. Lets just say things didn't go as planned. At least I was still down 0.6 pounds by the time Monday came. Down is the right direction. Homeboy lost 6 pounds. Eating the same foods, making the same bad decisions. Oh well. At least we were both down.

His snoring is better, which means I'm sleeping better :)

I am giving myself the same peptalks I give my patients - don't give up; you put it on slowly, it will come off slowly; if you fall off the wagon at lunch, don't wait until the next day to get back on, get on now; if you fall off the wagon, exercise 10 more minutes that day. Hmmm. They are much more motivating when I say them to other people than when I have to internalize them.

And also we signed up for a half-marathon in November. The training has not started. Which is a bad thing. I'm trying to remember (as I'm craving chocolate) that it's easier to do a half-marathon with less junk in my trunk.

Stay tuned for further updates. I'm looking for more weight loss than 0.6 lbs, but at least it's going down!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it stink getting old in this respect! Jaeden came up and squeezed my leg the other day and said, "Look mom, your squishy!" Why do kids have to learn adjectives! Anyways, that was my wake up call as if my tight pants weren't enough! I do need encouragement to keep exercising! I went to a bible class the other day and they were talking about Daniel's Discipline to not eat the kings food. Discipline effects all aspects of our lives! How am I supposed to have a disciplined spiritual life when I can't even or won't even take care of my body. Guess its time to get Paul's mentality, " I beat my body to make it my slave." I don't want to be squishy physically, mentally, or spiritually! I will pray for you, keep me posted. We can be a great encouragement to each other!

rlbaker said...

doesn't it stink that our hubbies can drop weight like that? so, where will we be eating sunday night? i might have you order for me.