Friday, October 24, 2008

Open Letter

This is an open letter to those who blew by me on my way to San Antonio this afternoon:

To All of You Who Must Have Missed the Speed Limit Signs:

I am in the right lane because I go 70 in a 70. Please do not zip up behind me and flash your lights. Where would you like me to move to get out of your way? The shoulder? No, thank you. I will piddle along at my middle aged pace in a futile attempt to obey the law (mostly) and drive at a safe rate of speed. And save gas.

So please pass me by in the left lane. Wave at me when I let you in, nicely, after you got close enough to lick the chrome off my bumper. I am patient and long suffering, I suppose. And I am not a rule breaker, including speeding.

And I think that I'm a safer driver than you. But just a little.

Daesha

1 comment:

Your Other Mom said...

I resemble your comments! There were several people trying to get up close and personal with my vehicle yesterday on the way to the Galleria, including a very cute BMW convertible with paper tags. He didn't wave either when I let him in.

Hope the drive home goes better.

Betty

PS. Hannah is adjusting well. :)