Thursday, August 14, 2008

Vanity, thy name is woman

While Shakespeare never penned that famous line, it is toally applicable here. So we're gonna go with it.

My co-worker went to Mexico a few weeks ago and I requested a few tubes of Retin-A cream from the Mexican pharmacies. Retin-A is good for wrinkles, scars, and flakies (my primary reason for using, although the other two apply as well). It basically takes off the top layer of skin. When I prescribe Retin-A for my people, I give strict instructions: Start once a day for at least a week, then you may gradually increase to twice a day after that. I know how to use this medicine. I know the side effects.

That having been said, I tried Retin-A at night for two nights. My extremely sensitive skin did not revolt in any why to this new routine. So after two nights, I went to twice daily dosing.

Bad idea.

Chemical burn.

On the entire face.

Ow. ow.

So, because I didn't take my own advice, I have a face that looks like I'm sunburned. It hurts to put on makeup, including the now important base and cover up.

Serves me right.

And I stopped using the Retin-A. For now.

3 comments:

Angelina said...

Ouch! I hope you get to feeling better :)

Your Other Mom said...

Would this fall under the category of "Do as I say, not as I do"? Wait til you have children...this will "hurt" even more.

Hope you are feeling better!

Betty

Katherine said...

Ouch! Lesson learned! ;)